Team Keough's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travis Voss' Training Log

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Travis Voss' Training Log - Page 3 Empty 10-14-2014, First Training Mesocycle, Week 4 Upper A

Post by TravisVoss Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 am

Another day where it is death by sets. This week is full of a lot of sets. The weights are flying up and I am doing my best to focus on exploding with full effort each time. I have never been a great one for "speed" work since I feel like I lift every lift with the same tempo, but I've been trying more and more to just move the weights as fast as possible.

I didn't get in the barbell rows this week because I was running late. I'll add them to the accessory day or just wait until next week. Video is the 1st, 4th, and 8th sets.

Paused Bench
180 x 5 x 8

Wide Grip Paused Bench
170 x 2 x 8

TravisVoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Travis Voss' Training Log - Page 3 Empty 10-17-2014, First Training Mesocycle, Week 4 Upper/Lower B

Post by TravisVoss Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:58 am

No bench sets were prescribed for today. My deadlifts were changed from 4" blocks to 2". I had to pick a weight that I felt was about 88% of what I could do. I was hoping to get at 400 or over, but settled at 385 because they just weren't as fast as I though 88% should be. Never felt like I struggled, but was hoping for a bigger number and a bit faster. Taking next week off for a little family vacation so I'll pick up with week 5 of the cycle when I return.

2" block deadlifts
385 x 2 x 4

DE Deads
235 x 2 x 5

TravisVoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Travis Voss' Training Log - Page 3 Empty 11-5-2014, first training mesocycle, week 5, upper a

Post by TravisVoss Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:05 pm

After a two somewhat full weeks off because of vacation and injury, I am back at it. I did try to squat each of the last two Mondays and it just went horribly. Bit down because of the injury and not being able to move the big (for me) weight on the lower days. Squatting and deading are my bread and butter.

I have decided to try to make this a blessing in disguise and just really go after my bench. I was tempted to not go for the full prescribed weight, sets, and/or reps on these since it had been a long lay off and my diet hasn't as up to snuff as I'd like, but I needed to feel accomplished or at least like I was keeping pace with expectations. Each of these sets felt slow, heavy, and grindy. They look much faster on video than they felt. I took them from a few different angles just to change things up a bit. I was happy to be able to complete all of them even though I had to rest/pause on the last set. I felt like all of my pauses were much better. I just need more speed.

Since my low back is bothering me, I swapped out bench width grip seated cable rows (with a pause at the chest) for bent rows.

Paused Bench
235 x 3 x 8

Seated Cable Rows
140 x 12
160 x 12
170 x 10

I am going to look at subbing out unilateral lifts, curls, extensions, and leg press for my heavy squats and deads to just keep a little strength building in my legs while I get some PT for my back.

TravisVoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Travis Voss' Training Log - Page 3 Empty 11-17-2014, Second Training Mesocycle, Upper A

Post by TravisVoss Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Haven't posted here in awhile. Not sure if we're to still use this with the new format but I'll keep it up.

I was crunched for time last night, so I didn't do anything other than come in and bench. I feel like I should be able to and want to do much more weight on these sets, but when I look at the fact that it is 8x8 and I can't let myself struggle as I tire, I kept the weight very conservative. I felt the speed was pretty good throughout and didn't have to drop weight until the 7th set.

Paused Benchpress
170 x 8 x 6
165 x 8 x 2

TravisVoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Travis Voss' Training Log - Page 3 Empty Re: Travis Voss' Training Log

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3